Contest Dates: May 20th - June 20th
The 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting T-Shirt Contest is open to EVERYONE. The deadline to submit a design is June 20th. Enter now for a chance to win $100 and a t-shirt featuring your winning design.
QUICK LINKS (URGENT: Please Review the Contest Guidelines In Their Entirety Before Submitting Your Design)
* Contest Guidelines (see below)
* Entry form / Artist agreement
* Student Contest Flyer
We're hosting a month-long contest to select a design for our new shirt for the 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting in Portland, Oregon. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the shirts will go to the AAPT Student Fund.
We are looking for creative designs that will incorporate a physics concept (literal or abstract), while also symbolizing Portland, Oregon. Feel free to interpret this as you’d like. We're looking for creativity! For additional requirements, please refer to the contest guidelines.
Design submission must include the following:
1) Some thing related to physics (literal or abstract)
2) The words --> "2013 AAPT Summer Meeting July 13-17, 2013"
3) BONUS: Something Portland, Oregon-related
Acceptable File Types
Design must be print ready. Only the following file types will be accepted: .EPS and .PDF. (Anything other than the previous file types will not be accepted i.e. .jpg, .doc, .docx)
A panel of judges will determine which design will be chosen as the winner and its designer will be notified by Friday, June 28th. The winner will be awarded $100 and given a t-shirt with their winning design featured on it.
Deadline for all submissions is Thursday, June 20th.
* Electronic Design Submissions (in the specified format .EPS or .PDF) must be sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Entry Forms should be submitted via fax to 301.209.0845 or emailed to email@example.com
• Open to EVERYONE!!!
• You must incorporate the following
1) Something related to physics (literal or abstract)
2) Portland, Oregon,
3) MUST INCLUDE the following text:
2013 AAPT Summer Meeting July 13-17, 2013
• Design should appeal to meeting participants of all ages.
• Designs may include line art and text but no photographs.
• Your design is for the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 10″ x 10″.
• Design may use a maximum of three colors.
• The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
Contact RaShonda Rosier at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A portion of the proceeds from sale of the t-shirt will be donated to the AAPT Student Fund
Submitting an Entry
• Digital entries ONLY. High-resolution images in .EPS or .PDF format are preferred. We will also accept VECTOR art entries. (The following file types are not acceptable: .DOC, .JPG, .GIFs, etc.)
• Fill out the entry form/artist agreement completely and fax to 301.209.0845 or emailed to email@example.com, Attn: 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting T-Shirt Contest.
• Submissions will be accepted through Thursday, June 20, 2013.
The Fine Print
• Maximum of one entry per person.
• All entries must include an entry form and signed artist agreement to be considered.
• Submissions will be screened by the American Association of Physics Teachers for merit and feasibility; finalists will be voted on by a panel of judges.
• The American Association of Physics Teachers reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color or t-shirt color.
• By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by the America Association of Physics Teachers including, but not limited to, the AAPT website, the 2013 AAPT Summer Meeting T-shirt and future marketing materials.
• The American Association of Physics Teachers reserves the right to final decision.
• The winning design will be announced by Friday June 28, 2013. The creator of the winning design will win a $100 cash prize and a t-shirt featuring their design.
Download the Entry form & Artist agreement
Download the Student Contest Flyer