High School Photo Contest: Student Rules
- Photos must be unmounted and may be either black-and-white or color.
- All submitted photos must be printed on high gloss photographic paper and should be trimmed to 8” x 10” or 8½” x 11”
- Original photos may be cropped for better composition (as long as the final product is still an 8” x 10” or 8½” x 11” print). Minimal manipulation of digital images with the intention of accurately rendering the subject is acceptable e.g.: small adjustments to brightness, color, color balance and/or sharpness, is acceptable.
- The student must take the photo and each student is allowed to enter only one photo. Group work is not allowed.
- Registration must be done on line by typing the information below into the online form.
- Student’s name and home mailing address; including city, state, and zip code
- Student’s email address and phone number
- Student’s high school, complete school address, and school phone number
- Teacher’s name and email address
- Choice of “Natural,” “Contrived,” or "Multiple Images" category for entry
- Essay of 250 words or less describing the physics in the photo. The essay should have a title and must be written by the student
- Upload a jpeg file of the photo (High Resolution). If this is not possible, a CD with the digital file of the photo on it may accompany the photo.
- Online registration must be completed by clicking REVIEW to review and correct the information entered in the registration, then SUBMIT to submit the information, then PRINT VERSION to show how the final version will be printed and finally PRINT to print out the copy of the registration and checklist which must be mailed to AAPT High School Physics Photo Contest.
- Mail photo, printed final form of the registration with the registration number, Submission Checklist, and Entry Agreement to AAPT High School Physics Photo Contest postmarked by May 20th.
For any questions regarding the contest or registration, please contact the AAPT High School Physics Photo Contest at email@example.com, or 301-209-3340.