NSHP at San Diego, California
AAPT is excited to be partnering with the National Society of Hispanic Physicists at the 2018 Winter Meeting in San Diego. AAPT benefits from the culture, experience and expertise of its diverse members - we hope to see you in San Diego!
Here is a sample of some of the joint programing that NSHP and AAPT are offering at the winter meeting!
● Tour Chicano Park which is the only recognized National Landmark focused on Chicano populations in the United States and experience the rich history of Chicano/Latino populations. [The Image at right shows the mural titled "Women Hold Up Half the Sky." From http://chicano-park.com/ ]
● Attend plenary talks by leaders in the fields of science and education.
● Attend sessions of particular interest to NSHP members that focus on Diversity Along Multiple Dimensions, Teaching and Learning Physics in a Second Language, the History of Physics and Physics Education Research in Latin America, Collaborations with Community Organizations, Culturally Sensitive Mentoring and much more!
● Visit the AAPT Exhibit hall and learn about new products in Physics Education, the latest lab and demo equipment and new textbooks, professional societies, journals dedicated to physics and physics education, and much more!
● Join colleagues from High Schools, Two Year Colleges, Four Year Colleges and Universities from around the country to discuss physics education and learn more about NSHP and AAPT efforts in promoting Physics and Physics Education.
● Attend the public lecture given by Fermilab particle physicist Don Lincoln, the recipient of the 2017 American Institute of Physics Gemant Award
● Attend the Conference on Enhancing Physics Programs at HSIs: A mini-conference focused on the challenges and opportunities of physics education at Hispanic Serving Institutions. Register here.
● Meet new people, develop professional connections with others who share similar interests and values and are working toward providing excellent physical science education for all students! [The Image at right shows NSHP Education Officer, Juan Burciaga, passing out solar eclipse glasses at the AAPT Summer 2017 meeting. From
… and there's more! The winter meeting goes from Saturday to Tuesday.
To learn more about the events, sessions, workshops and activities at the Winter 2018 Meeting in San Diego and to register, please visit http://aapt.org/Conferences/wm2018/.