2021 AAPT Summer Fellows Announced
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
College Park, Maryland, United States, March 16, 2021—The 2021 AAPT Fellows Awardee has been announced. The criterion for selection of Fellows is exceptional contribution to AAPT's mission, to enhance the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. Fellowship is a distinct honor signifying recognition by one's professional peers. Any AAPT member who has maintained an active membership for at least 7 years is eligible for nomination for Fellowship. Nominations are evaluated by the AAPT Awards committee and approved by the AAPT Board of Directors.
The 2021 Summer Fellows are:
- Dan Burns, Cabrillo College, Aptos. CA
- Doug Brown, Los Gatos High School in Los Gatos, CA
AAPT is an international organization for physics educators, physicists, and industrial scientists—with members worldwide. Dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching, AAPT provides awards, publications, and programs that encourage teaching practical application of physics principles, support continuing professional development, and reward excellence in physics education. AAPT was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in the American Center for Physics in College Park, Maryland.
- March 17, 2021 - AAPT 2020 Barbara Lotze Scholarship Winners Announced
- March 16, 2021 - 2021 AAPT Summer Fellows Announced
- March 16, 2021 - 2021 Homer L. Dodge Distinguished Service Citation Awarded to Alexis V. Knaub
- March 11, 2021 - Bradford N. Talbert Recipient of the 2021 Paul W. Zitzewitz Excellence in K-12 Teaching Award
- March 8, 2021 - Anne J. Cox AAPT 2021 Halliday and Resnick Award Recipient