AAPT 2020 Summer Meeting in Grand Rapids Changed to Virtual Meeting
The health and well-being of AAPT members and staff, as well as the Grand Rapids community, is our top priority. As a result, we will be offering the AAPT 2020 Summer Meeting, currently scheduled for July 18-22, 2020, as a virtual meeting. Our national conferences provide many rich opportunities to develop community and engage and learn from one another - we are committed to providing a space to do this, online, this summer. We have made arrangements with the hotel and convention center to be back in person, in Grand Rapids, for Summer 2022.
The decision to postpone the meeting was based on continuing concerns about the global pandemic, the continued need for physical distancing, the significant risks of large gatherings, and the possibility of a second wave of infections. We recognize that this meeting has already taken hours of our members’ time to develop presentations, workshops, sessions, posters and other aspects of the program. We look forward to working with membership to prepare an exciting program for a Virtual 2020 Summer Meeting. We thank you for your support and your patience as we continue to work together through this unprecedented situation. Please look for additional communications regarding V-SM20 in the near future.
Jan Mader, AAPT President Elect and SM20 Program Chair, Great Falls Public School District
Brad Ambrose, SM20 Local Host, Grand Valley State University
Chandralekha Singh, AAPT President, University of Pittsburgh
Mel Sabella, AAPT Past President, Chicago State University
Beth A. Cunningham, AAPT Executive Officer
Tiffany Hayes, AAPT Director of Programs & Conferences
AAPT National Meetings
Members receive special pricing on registration and workshop fees at all AAPT national meetings. This is a unique opportunity to take part in a variety of events that are based on physics education and the principles that AAPT represents. Enjoy a variety of sessions and activities including internationally known physics speakers, committee meetings, awards, workshops on various facets of physics teaching, presentations, poster sessions, and most of all, over 1,000 physics teachers. AAPT also hosts a broad range of physics equipment suppliers, resources, and booksellers in our large exhibit hall.
Join The Conversation! Follow us at @AAPTHQ and use #AAPTWM21
Use the #AAPTWM21 hashtag to talk about the upcoming AAPT Winter 2021 Meeting.
- 2021 Winter Meeting, January 9-12 (Hilton Portland Downtown, Portland Oregon)
- 2021 Summer Meeting, July 31-August 4 (Grand Hyatt, Washington, D.C.)
- 2022 Winter Meeting, January 8-11 (Hilton New Orleans Riverside)
- 2022 Summer Meeting, July (Amway Grand PlazaHotel/Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michiagan)
- 2024 Summer Meeting, July 6 - 10 (The Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, Massachusetts)
- 2020 Summer Virtual Meeting
- 2020 Winter Meeting, January 18-21 (Caribe Royale Hotel, Orlando, Florida)
- 2019 Summer Meeting, July 20-24 (Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo, Utah)
- 2019 Winter Meeting, January 12-15 (Westin Galleria Houston, Houston,Texas)
- 2018 Summer Meeting, July 28-August 1 (Renaissance WDC Downtown, Washington DC)
- Past Meeting Highlights and Program Guides
- Abstracts Archive of Past Meetings
- Podcasts & Recordings
How to get involved in AAPT National Meetings
- How to Organize a Session or Workshop
- Suggest Plenary Speakers
- How to Host a National Meeting - check-list for Universities and other potential hosts
Information for Area Chairs and Session/Workshop Organizers
Guidelines for Speakers, Poster and Demo Show Presenters
Information for Sponsors, Advertisers, and Exhibitors
Promote excellence in physics education through Corporate Partnerships - If you are seeking ways to increase your corporate visibility and impact the future of science education, there is no better or convenient opportunity than a sponsorship at an AAPT meeting. Please click here for more information.
Click here to download this document as a template to complete your own letter to your supervisor requesting support to attend AAPT's Physics Education Meetings.