Richard Gelderman Named 2023 AAPT Fellow
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
College Park, Maryland, United States, August 11, 2022—AAPT Fellows Awardee for Winter 2023 is Richard Gelderman. AAPT Fellows are distinguished physicists, educators, administrators, and communicators who have been recognized for their contributions to the physics education community.
About the Award
The criterion for selection of Fellows is exceptional contribution to AAPT's mission, to enhance the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. Fellowship is a distinct honor signifying recognition by one's professional peers. Any AAPT member who has maintained an active membership for at least 7 years is eligible for nomination for Fellowship. Nominations are evaluated by the AAPT Awards committee and approved by the AAPT Board of Directors.
AAPT is an international organization for physics educators, physicists, and industrial scientists—with members worldwide. Dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching, AAPT provides awards, publications, and programs that encourage teaching practical application of physics principles, support continuing professional development, and reward excellence in physics education. AAPT was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in the American Center for Physics in College Park, Maryland.
- November 27, 2023 - WM24 Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT to be Awarded to Anthony Mwene Musumba
- November 22, 2023 - WM24 Dodge Citation Goes to Juan Burciaga
- November 13, 2023 - Jennifer Blue Named as Recipient of the 2024 Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT
- November 13, 2023 - Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT to be Awarded to Tatiana Erukhimova
- November 13, 2023 - Smith College Earns Bronze Award from Physics and Astronomy SEA Change Program