The role of the AAPT Committee on the Interests of Senior Physicists is to make the talents and experience of senior AAPT members available to AAPT and to provide a forum in which those members can explore interests and concerns unique to that segment of the AAPT membership. To those ends, the Committee will:
- Promote and foster the continued engagement of senior physicists with the AAPT in particular and with the physics community in general.
- Provide the AAPT with the expertise and experience of its members.
- Sponsor sessions and activities at national AAPT meetings that reflect the interests and expertise of its members and that serve the interests of the general AAPT membership.
- Organize or promote programs, opportunities, and activities of particular interest to senior physicists and to those who are looking to undergo age-determined changes in career emphases in the near future.
- Work with the AAPT to improve physics education and science literacy within schools at all levels and among the general public.
- Provide opportunities for senior physicists to meet regularly to renew collegial relationships.