Team Facts & News
The Olympiad is a nine-day international competition among pre-university students from more than 60 nations. — AAPT.ORG
WebAssign Practice Exams
WebAssign practice exams are open to everyone without a fee. In order to take the practice exams, see the following instructions:
- Go to www.webassign.net
- Click the "ENTER CLASS KEY" button at the top of the page
- Enter aapt 7114 4241 as your class key. Anyone can use this key to access the class
- Click Yes, this is my class (Instructor will be John Risley)
- Follow the instructions to create a WebAssign account.
Students will need the following information to register for the Preliminary Exam:
Faculty Member's AAPT ID Number
- Members - Find your 5 digit ID number on Journal Label.
- Non-members - Go to www.aapt.org to set up a record or join.
School CEEB code (your school's SAT number)
- A complete list of CEEB codes is available through the College Board's High School CEEB Code Search
- If you are home schooled a list of CEEB codes for your region is available on The College Board's PSAT/NMSQT Codes for Home-School Students page.
Practicing & Administering the Exam
Students will be able to take past exams to practice how to answer questions in WebAssign. When the exam dates are open, none of the practice exams will be available.
The student's instructor or person proctoring the exam will have the password for the "F= ma" exam and should administer the test verifying that the student took the exam. Students will get just one attempt to answer all 25 questions.
For more details and information about the US Physics Team, please contact AAPT's Programs department at 301-209-3340 or firstname.lastname@example.org