High School Physics Teacher Day
Did you know?
Powell's City of Books, occupying an entire city block, is the world's largest independent bookstore. — www.travelportland.com
Special Discount Available if You are a High School Physics Teacher Who Has Never Attended a National AAPT Meeting
Click here Register by P.O. or Check
We have prepared for you a special reduced registration rate on Monday, July 15, at the American Association of Physics Teachers 2013 Summer Meeting in New Portland, OR.
- Attend a special luncheon where you will learn more about resources available through AAPT that can help you improve student learning of physics including:
° Journals: The Physics Teacher & American Journal of Physics
° ComPADRE digital library of free online resources
° Physics Teaching Resource Agents (PTRA)
° High School Physics Teacher Grant
° Contests: Physics Olympiad, Physics Bowl, & Photo Contest
- ° Modern Physics in the High School CurriculumAttend sessions related specifically to high school physics.
° Teachers in Residence and Master Teachers in Teacher Preparation
° Demonstrations and Lab Ideas for the High School Classroom
° Evolving Practices of Teacher Preparation to Meet the Next Generation Science Standards
° A poster session where you can have in-depth conversations with the presenters
- Visit the vendor exhibit area to see the latest lab/demo equipment and textbooks.
- Vote in the High School Photo Contest.
- Attend the meeting of the Committee on Physics in High Schools.
- Develop professional relationships with physics teacher colleagues.
High school physics teachers who have not yet attended a national AAPT meeting will receive a special registration fee of $75, which is much less than the usual early bird one-day registration fee of $235 for AAPT members and $450 for non-members. We are offering this special registration fee, because we want to encourage you to sample what AAPT has to offer high school physics teachers. We are confident that once you see what AAPT has to offer, you will become an active AAPT member.
Find out more and become a part of SM2013 on: Facebook| Twitter
Some photos courtesy of travelportland.com