Publications and Policy
Publications in Print
Recent STEM Education Policy News, Reports, and Updates
- Recruiting Teachers in High-Needs STEM Fields: A Survey of Current Majors and Recent STEM Graduates - A report authored by the APS Panel on Public Affairs (January 2017).
STEM Education: A National Imperative - A report submitted by the NSTA, NCTM, AAPT, CSTA, ACS, ASEE, NABT, ITEEA, and the STEM Education Coalition to the Trump Transition Team for Education (November 15, 2016)
- American Institute of Physics Statistical Research Center - A repository of over 20 years of data on astronomy and physics education from the AIP.
- American Institute of Physics FYI updates - Register to receive periodic notices regarding federal physics and STEM education issues.
- The AAPT is a member of the Physical Science Education Policy Coalition, and supports the work of the STEM Education Coalition that advocates for federal support of STEM education.
AAPT Policy Statements and Guidelines
- Professional Development for High School Physics Teachers (2013)
- National Task Force on Teacher Education in Physics (2012)
- The Role, Education, Qualifications, and Professional Development of Secondary School Physics Teachers (2009)
- Education of Future Teachers (1999)
For more details and information about AAPT's K12 Programs, please contact Mark Hannum, at email@example.com