Team Facts & News
In 1986, under the direction of the AAPT Executive Officer, Jack Wilson, the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) organized the United States Physics Team for the first time. — AAPT.ORG
WebAssign Practice Exams
WebAssign practice exams are open to everyone without a fee. In order to take the practice exams, see the following instructions:
- Go to www.webassign.net
- Click the Log In button
- Click "I have a Class Key"
- Enter webassign 9819 8066 as your class key. Anyone can use this key to access the class
- Click Yes, this is my class (Instructor will be John Risley)
- Follow the instructions to create a WebAssign account.
Students will need the following information to register for the Preliminary Exam:
Faculty Member's AAPT ID Number
- Members - Find your 5 digit ID number on Journal Label.
- Non-members - Go to www.aapt.org to set up a record or join.
Pre-College Host Sites
- School CEEB code (your school's SAT number)
- A complete list of CEEB codes is available through the College Board's High School CEEB Code Search
If you are home schooled a list of CEEB codes for your region is available on The College Board's PSAT/NMSQT Codes for Home-School Students page.
Practicing & Administering the Exam
Students will be able to take three different sample tests to practice how to answer questions in WebAssign. When the exam dates are open, none of the practice exams will be available.
The student's instructor or person proctoring the exam will have the password for the "F= ma" exam and should administer the test verifying that the student took the exam. Students will get just one attempt to answer all 25 questions.