Two-Year College Day and TYC Part-Timer Registration Rate
AAPT has two exciting opportunities for Two-Year College Faculty! These two opportunities provide TYC faculty with reduced registration rates at our national meeting! These reduced registration fees are much less then the usual early bird one-day registration fee of $395 for AAPT members and $610 for non-members.
We are offering this special registration fee because we want you to be a part of the rich conversations on physics teaching and education with colleagues from High Schools, other TYCs, and Colleges and Universities from around the world. AAPT benefits from the diverse experience and expertise of its members and we want to provide this opportunity for you to sample all that AAPT has to offer.
TYC Part-timer Registration Rate
If you are a part time TYC faculty member, who has never attended an AAPT meeting, we have a special registration rate available for you! This registration rate gives you access to great programing at our national meeting. Enjoy sessions that focus on a variety of topics from "Interdisciplinary Curriculum and Course", to "Introducing Computation into Introductory Physics Classes," to "Space Science in Introductory Courses." You have access to a variety of sessions, plenaries, and activities during all three days of the conference! The registration rate for part time TYC faculty is only $85.
TYC Day @ AAPT
AAPT has prepared a special Two-Year College Day on Monday, July 22 for TYC faculty who have never attended a national AAPT Meeting. Registrants will be able to receive a discounted one day registration fee of $85. Programming that is of specific interest to TYC faculty is scheduled for Monday! This one day rate is available to any TYC faculty member.
Here is a sample of what you can expect at TYC Day and the SM19 AAPT Meeting
- Join colleagues from TYCs around the country to discuss physics education and learn more about AAPT.
- Attend plenary talks by leaders in the fields of science!
- Attend sessions sponsored by the Committee on Physics In Two-Year Colleges that are specifically geared to the interests of TYC faculty.
- Visit the AAPT Exhibit hall and learn about new products in Physics Education, the latest lab and demo equipment and new textbooks, professional societies, journals dedicated to physics and physics education, and much more!
- Attend the Committee on Physics in Two-Year Colleges and hear about future plans for AAPT meetings and think about whether you want get involved in future leadership roles in AAPT!
- Meet new people, develop professional connections with others who share similar interests and values and are working toward providing excellent physical science education for all students!
If you want to attend more of the summer meeting you can also check out interactive Workshops on Saturday and Sunday.
A $30 processing fee will be applied to all cancellations.
Find out more and become a part of SM2019 on: Facebook | Twitter
Some photos courtesy of utahvalley.com