High School Physics Teacher Day Page
Did you know?
The total mileage of canals both above and below ground in New Orleans exceeds that of Venice in Italy. — www.experienceneworleans.com
Special Discount Available if You are a High School Physics Teacher Who Has Never Attended a National AAPT Meeting
We have prepared for you a special reduced registration rate on Monday, January 7, at the American Association of Physics Teachers 2013 Winter Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- You will learn more about resources available thru AAPT that can help you improve student learning of physics including:
° Journals: The Physics Teacher & American Journal of Physics
° ComPADRE digital library of free online resources
° Physics Teaching Resource Agents (PTRA)
° High School Physics Teacher Grant
° Contests: Physics Olympiad, Physics Bowl, & Photo Contest
- Attend sessions related specifially to high school physics.
- Visit the vendor exhibit area to see the latest lab/demo equipment and textbooks.
- Attend the meeting of the Committee on Physics in High Schools.
- Enhance your professional relationships with physics teacher colleagues.
High school physics teachers who have not yet attended a national AAPT meeting will receive a special registration fee of $75, which is much less than the usual early bird one-day registration fee of $225 for AAPT members and $425 for non-members. We’re offering this special registration fee, because we want to encourage you to sample what AAPT has to offer high school physics teachers. We’re confident that once you see what AAPT has to offer, you’ll become an active AAPT member.