High School Teachers' Day
Special Discount Available if You are a High School Physics Teacher Who Has Never Attended a National AAPT Meeting
- Attend a special luncheon where you will learn more about resources available through AAPT that can help you improve student learning of physics including:
° Journals: The Physics Teacher & American Journal of Physics
° ComPADRE digital library of free online resources
° Physics Teaching Resource Agents (PTRA)
° High School Physics Teacher Grant
° Contests: Physics Olympiad, Physics Bowl, & Photo Contest
- ° The Higgs and My Classroom (discussion time with Chris Quigg, Fermilab)Attend sessions related specifically to high school physics.
° Powerful, Simple, Collaborative Graphing with Plot.ly
° 30 Demos in 60 Minutes
° K-12 PER
- Visit the vendor exhibit area to see the latest lab/demo equipment and textbooks.
- Develop professional relationships with physics teacher colleagues.
- Register for a workshop on Saturday/Sunday morning at the AAPT member rate. Workshops of particular interest to high school physics teachers include: (W03) Changing Inquiry to Engineering in Your Classroom, (W05) Phenomenon-Based Learning: Fun, Hands-on, Cooperative Learning, (W07) Teaching Physics for the First Timer, (W12) Inquiry Based Labs for AP Physics, (W23) Fun & Engaging Physics Labs, (W33) Simple DC Labs and (T03) Electrostatics from Gilbert to Volta.
High school physics teachers who have never attended a national AAPT meeting will receive a special registration fee of $85, which is much less than the usual early bird one-day registration fee of $245 for AAPT members and $460 for non-members. We are offering this special registration fee, because we want to encourage you to sample what AAPT has to offer high school physics teachers. We are confident that once you see what AAPT has to offer, you will become an active AAPT member.